Seattle Buying & Selling Real Estate Law
Buying and selling real estate can be complex but it doesn’t have to be with Richard Symmes assisting you in your real estate transaction. Richard Symmes is rated as a rising star by Super Lawyers and is a one of the highest rated attorneys in the Seattle metro area on websites such as Yelp and Google. Richard also holds a managing broker real estate license and is an affiliated managing broker with EXP Realty.
Equipped to handle any real estate transaction, Richard Symmes provides you with your own personal lawyer in addition to having a real estate broker to provide the counsel you need to win any offer, negotiate terms, and provide you a clear understanding of terms in a real estate contract and understanding of real estate forms that other agents simply cannot provide due to the limitation on providing legal advice by non-lawyers. Richard is uniquely positioned to assist with off market transactions, properties involved in probate, short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure transactions, distressed property transactions or transactions involving seller financing.
Real estate transactions typically involve negotiations, contract law and real estate law so having an advocate well versed in these areas is advisable and where having a real estate broker who is also a practicing attorney can be to your advantage to maximize the amount of profit or savings in your transaction. Additionally Richard through Symmes Law Group, PLLC can also draft real estate related documents such as deeds, promissory notes or co-ownership agreements and can bring you cash offers for your home through connections made over the years.
For Real Estate Buyers
Today’s real estate buyers are just like you. They are more educated, more involved and more hands on than ever before. Often browsing online websites such as Redfin, Zillow and Trulia to find the perfect home and only need assistance with submitting an offer and if successful closing the transaction. Work with Richard Symmes and you get trusted advice from an experienced managing broker who has experience negotiating the best terms on client’s behalf while utilizing more than a decade of experience negotiating deals while in the practice of law.
How Does Buying a Home with Richard Symmes Work?
(1) When you contact Symmes Law Group, PLLC you will be able to schedule a phone zoom or office consultation with Richard Symmes to determine what your needs are, course of action and fees involved. A recommendation will be made as to whether you require legal services or are in need of traditional real estate brokerage services, both of which Richard Symmes can provide.
(2) If it is determined that you will require legal services, a flat fee will be quoted and information will be requested from you in order to complete your transaction or other legal documents.
(3) If you decide to engage Richard Symmes in accordance with purchasing real estate as a traditional real estate broker, Richard Symmes or one of our affiliated EXP brokers may accompany you to properties in which you would like to view and a commission will be paid by the owners of the property you wish to purchase per MLS Rules which typically ranges from 2-3%. Depending on your needs and the commission offered on the property you wish to purchase, some of the commission may be applied to your closing costs as a rebate. Richard Symmes will retain minimum of 1% commission or $10,000 minimum depending on the transaction.
(4) Once an offer is accepted Richard Symmes will assist you in scheduling an inspection, reviewing closing documents and answering any follow questions you may have until you close on your property.
For Real Estate Sellers
If you own Real Estate and are looking to sell your property, you are no doubt looking to maximize the cash you are going to put in your pocket when the transaction closes. You may also be concerned about possible repairs needed and costs associated with them to get your property MLS ready or perhaps having a stress-free quick transaction is at the top of your priority list where you welcome offers from cash buyers or have already identified a buyer for your property and just need legal services to sell your home off market.
Richard Symmes can help you sort out what your options are when you schedule a free consultation to discuss your real estate sale options.
How Does Selling a Home with Richard Symmes Work?
(1) When you contact Symmes Law Group, PLLC you can schedule a phone, zoom or office consultation to discuss your real estate home sale needs. Richard Symmes will provide you with options including providing you with a market analysis and reasonable expectations if you decide to list your property on the MLS or pursue and off market transaction. During the consultation you will learn what it will take to maximize the full value of your real estate and get the most profit in your pocket. Additionally, if you already have identified a buyer and need legal services to draft legal documents and have questions answered, Richard Symmes can also discuss this transaction with you and quote you a flat fee for real estate purchase and sale services.
(2) If you decide that you would like to consider cash buyers for your property in order to save on real estate commissions, avoid the cost of repairs and have a quick sale Richard Symmes can review and purchase and sale agreements you have received, negotiate terms with potential buyers and solicit additional offers for you to maximize your negotiating position and cash out knowing you did not leave any stone unturned while having a quick transaction which may also buy you time to move from your home as well while the transaction is pending. Additionally, it’s possible to receive a cash offer on your home for up to 70-80% of the after repair value of your home through EXP Realty’s new Express offer program that includes institutional buyers of real estate.
(3) If you decide that selling your real estate on the MLS makes the most sense Richard Symmes can provide you with options and services to maximize your bottom line such as contractors to work with, who may be open to payment at closing of your transaction, pictures, 3d tour and video options. By MLS rules a commission must be offered to buying agents (typically 2.5% – 3%) and the selling agent is paid a commission which Richard Symmes will limit to 1% or a $8,000 minimum.
(4) Once your property is listed, Richard Symmes will counsel you on the benefits and detriments of each offer and negotiate with any potential buyers on your behalf. Once an offer is accepted, Richard Symmes will also assist you in working through the closing process and working with escrow, reviewing closing documents and answering any follow questions you may have until you close on your property and receive your proceeds from escrow.