How Can a Credit Repair Lawyer Help Me?
If you are looking to re-establish your credit and get back on your feet so that you will qualify for home loans, cars or lower interest rates then Symmes Law Group offers a program to help get you achieve your goals while working directly with an attorney. Call us today at 206-682-7975 to set up your free consultation.
If you want to learn how to repair your credit on your own, I have also created a Do it Yourself “DIY” online course complete with sample letters and materials to help you improve your credit scores moving forward.
How Does the Credit Repair Program Work?
Symmes Law Group will assist you in auditing your credit report by requesting validation or disputing your debts as reported on your credit report. If a company is unable or unwilling to validate your debt, then the credit agency must remove the negative mark from your credit report per the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Because many creditors are too busy to validate your inquiry, these debts are often unable to be verified and thus must be removed from your credit report. The credit repair process does take some time to complete, but can have some significant results in building your credit to allow you to qualify for auto and home loans, rent the apartment that you want or even make it so you qualify for lower interest credit cards.
Symmes Law Group utilizes a multiple phase dispute process to have inaccurate items removed from your credit reports. There are Federal and State laws in place to protect the consumer from inaccurate and unverifiable credit reporting. We assist you in enforcing these laws by implementing our strategy.
- Thorough research and investigation of credit and collection agencies information, inquires, public records, and source of information.
- Carefully audit the Credit bureaus; Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
- Reinvestigate the credit bureaus and ask for method of their investigation.
- Validation of Debt Audits, demanding creditors/collection companies produce original documentation.
- Revised Validation of Debt to the collection agencies as needed.
- Pay for deletion offers to the collection agencies.
- Omission by Silence packets back to Bureaus supplying all audits to the collection agencies/ creditors and failure to comply.
- Estoppel letters and FTC complaints to those who do not comply with audits.
- We utilize Delivery Confirmation mail when auditing the creditors and collection agencies to create a paper trail of documented proof.
We don’t just write letters or dispute online with the credit bureaus. We do validations of debt and audit the creditors directly. We professionally audit the creditors and collection agencies. We don’t use form letters like most credit repair companies. We tailor it to your needs. Our intense audit demands validation and verification of derogatory information using the:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
These four Federal laws have been established to protect consumers’ credit reports. Creditors and credit bureaus are legally obligated to produce documented evidence within a reasonable amount of time, generally 30 days, to prove the information they are reporting. If they cannot validate their claims, they must promptly remove any undocumented information from the consumer’s credit report. Client results may vary and are dependent on several factors which we can discuss with you during our initial review of your credit report.
What if My Only Issue is High Credit Balances?
Often times in our initial review we notice that the primary factor in a consumers poor credit rating is having high credit balances. In these cases you may want to consider requesting our assistance in order to lower your account balances through settlement or paying to delete the negative factors on your credit. This will significantly impact your credit rating if we are not able to delete your negative factors through our initial credit repair process discussed above.
What If I Want to Learn How to Repair My Credit on My Own?
Many consumers may have just one or two negative items on their credit report and it may not make sense to hire an attorney to handle such a dispute. In that case I have created a DIY credit repair online course complete with sample letters and materials which I use in my own practice. Check out how to repair your own credit HERE.
Seattle Bankruptcy and Credit Repair Attorneys